
I have really transformed my wiki into a website. Although Wiki spaces are supposed to be collaborative in nature, I use mine to communicate with my parents. I post my students daily homework, spelling list, and reading comprehension strategies that we are using that week.
My parents have found it very helpful to have the link available to them. Instead of sending me an e-mail with questions about homework they can view the Wiki and ask questions if needed.
I also post my students work from my technology classes that I teach. Each student has the websites on a label in their agenda and are able to view the work with out editing it. They love that they are able to see their work and show their parents, too. This is a great way to share student work without having to email the work to parents and or sending it home on a cd.
The parents also enjoy seeing what their children are learning in technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment