At my school I am the PDS (Professional Development Schools) site liaison. I have to communicate with my staff on a regular business regarding placing and progress of the interns, professional development and training. The best way to organize an upcoming PD training is creating a survey, send it out, collect the data and you have answers. Of course I use Google Docs for this. It makes it easier to iron out details. The best feature is how the answers are published and it allows the user to make a quick decision.
Here is a poll I ask the staff about additional training. I was able to look at their responses and determine a solution.

It was easy to see that no one wanted to use their planning time on training (not a surprise) and I was shocked that some would prefer before school. This poll allowed me to plan a training in Februrary before school for the staff. After the training is over I will send out another survey to determine if the training was helpful or not. The staff appreciates not having to type a lot of comments or worry about losing a slip of paper with the after training survey.
I have encouraged many teachers at my school to start using the survey, quiz and collaboration tool.
If you want to look at the survey you can view it here, but you can not change anything.
Also Google provides fabulous resources to help you get started.
As a fellow PDS site liaison, I agree that coordinating schedules can be a pain. I like your use of google to poll the school and to gain feedback. It's so handy, especially because it organizes the date for you. I could never go back to the days of sending out a mass email, waiting for a response, and then having to compile all of that data. What teacher has that kind of time? Good idea...
ReplyDelete