Saturday, January 1, 2011

An after thought- Book-A-Minute

After looking at more examples of Book-A-Minute it really made me think of more ways to use this in my classroom. I thought that students can use ComicLife application to create a wordless summary of the story. Or you can limit their summary to less than 10 words. Create a challenge for them and see if they can stick to it. What other ideas do you have?

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, I love the idea of a wordless summary. I think this would really help the students to tap into their creative sides and come up with some very unique and individual views of the same story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They could also do this with the stories that they read. With younger children who are not quite ready to do a full book report, the one minute summary could be the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    Be careful with Comic Life. A few years ago I tried using it a few times because I really enjoyed the things that I could do with it, but having the students use it can be pretty rough. There are so many bells and whistles that the content usually comes last. I think that I will give it another try at some point in the future, but I don't know when.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherri that is too bad, I use it with my kids all the time!

    ReplyDelete